Job Duties: Oak Technologies, Inc. in Irving, Texas is seeking Senior Mainframe Developers to design and develop mainframe COBOL programs. Job responsibilities and duties include
- Analyze, Design, Develop, Test, Document and maintain Mainframe COBOL, DB2 andCICs programs, and COPYBOOKS.
- Participate in meetings with business Analysts to analyze the requirements.
- Develop jobs - JCLs, PROCs and SYSIN Control Cards for DB2 Data Unload/ Load for TAX application.
- Develop COBOL CICS interface Gateway Modules that interacts with Java and .net Web applications for Jones Websites.
- Involved in working with databases DB2, IDMS, Query language SQL, Tools such as Abend-AID, File-AID, QMF, SPUFI, SYNCSORT, IDCAMS, DB2 PLATINUM, File Master, SYSDUMP, DBOL, DMLO, and IDD for analyze, design and enhance the Tax Applications.
- Create test plans and unit test results with all the test scenarios and the expected results.
- Debug the Mainframe Code using INTERTEST tool to understand the flow for complicated programs.
- Determine the feasibility, cost and time requirements, compatibility with current systems and system capabilities to integrate new acquisitions and new business functionalities.
- Perform Mainframe Code promotions from development system to UAT and production system using Work Bench Tool.
- Provide on-call support on Mainframe Production Batch cycle.
- Develop system parameters that stores Batch cycle run dates and Thresholds that are applied on transactions based on Rules set.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve operation issues.
- Develop and Debug CICS online transactions in COBOL II that access DB2 and IDMS databases.
- Schedule Mainframe JCLs using CA7 Scheduler, Set the Dependencies and make sureto run them to success.
- Performance Tuning the Long Running Application Code that involves Complicated SQLs on DB2 and processes large volume of Customer Account Data.
- Help USERS with Data Conditioning for System testing and UAT.
- Provide prime assistance toward application releases installation COBOL, CICS, DB2 programs, Copybooks, JCLs, Procs, SYSINs into Production under given direction.
- Monitor the Production Jobs run and perform Post Implementation Review.
- Write complex SQLs to check all the scenarios after implementation. Fix any production bugs that are identified.
- Run one time On-Request reports for users to verify data post implementation.
- Update system documentation with the release information post implementation.
- Develop detailed application designs and specifications for computer applications. May serve in technical lead capacity during project Development phase.
- Write documentation describing program modifications, logic and corrections. Oversee development of user manuals and operating Procedures. Provide technical assistance to resolve operation issues.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware and to upgrade user interfaces to improve performances.
- Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
Minimum Requirements: Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Engineering (any field) or any related field of study, plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in any related position(s).
In lieu of the above-stated primary education and experience
requirements, employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology,
Engineering (any field) or any related field of study, plus at
least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible
experience in the job offered or in any related
Qualified applicants must also have demonstrable proficiency and knowledge with the following:
- 1. COBOL
- 2. DB2
- 3. CICs
- 4. Agile
- 5. Waterfall
- 6. SDLC Process
- 7. Two or more of the following: HP / OpenText Exstream, SPUFI, FileAid, SyncSort/DFSort, ChangeMan, ServiceNow, CA-View, DYL, ALM Quality Center, AutoSys, SAS, REXX, OPCE Scheduler/IBM Tivoli Workload scheduler, Tectia/Putty, IBM Host Ondemand, Webview, JIRA, AFP Analyzer.
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
No travel; no telecommuting. Job duties are project-based and performed on long-term assignments at various unanticipated sites within the U.S. which may require relocation at the end of each project.
- Job Site: 300 E. Royal Lane, Ste. 130, Irving, TX 75039
- Mail Resumes To: Oak Technologies, Inc., Attn: HR, 300 E. Royal Lane, Ste. 130, Irving, TX 75039.
- No calls or emails. EOE.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.